The AND’s Geo-Boundaries API adds relevant information to a location, based on its numerical co-ordinates – usually the name or type of area. These areas can either be manmade (i.e industrial zones) or natural (i.e. forests or beaches). Our database records the geographic boundaries of administrative zones across the globe.
• Names and borders of all areas regularly updated in the AND database
• Features natural geo-boundaries: beaches, forests, heathland, islands and water districts
• Also includes man-made geo-boundaries: airports, cities (built up areas), cemeteries, golf courses, industrial areas and parks
TYPICAL USE CASES
Geo-Boundaries can be used a.o. for knowing in what area you are and avoiding certain areas. Therefore AND’s Geo-Boundaries can be used across various industry verticals such as automotive as part of turn by turn navigation. Logistics and transportation professionals will also enjoy the routing. In turn, fleet management professionals will no doubt value the ability and peace of mind to locate their assets within a specific area with track & trace.
• ‘Point in polygon’ check to find out in which area an object is located via GPS
• Improves efficiency
• Brings more security
• Increased planning accuracy
The global projection system used in AND data is in decimal degrees (latitude and longitude) with WGS84 as datum, according to the ellipsoid model used for computations. Its spatial reference id is EPSG:4326.
The Unicode character-set used in the names, is in UTF-8.
With an API key you will be able to access the related API and if applicable your usage will be automatically tracked and billed. Just click on the “GET YOUR FREE API KEY” button above, to apply for a free trial. Your API key will be between 30 and 128 characters long.