The AND Time Zones API provides Time Zone information and reflects the different zones around the globe that observe a uniform standard time based on their location on the surface of the earth. Using the API, you can request time zone information for a specific location, including daylight saving information. These zones have been implemented for legal, commercial, and social purposes.
• Global Time Zones
• Applicable to all available AND geospatial time zones with daylight saving, where available
• Correspond to the smallest available administrative layers
• Time Zone boundaries for visualization, available upon request
TYPICAL USE CASES
AND’s Time Zones API can be extremely useful for travel professionals when calculating routing or flight ETAs. The API also provides valuable information when you want to find out what the current time is in a different time zone. The API will also help freight professionals with their logistics applications such as planning deliveries.
And why not use it within an office or call center environment to schedule meetings in your CRM system?
• Provides boundary information about a specific location
• Includes daylight saving-time zones
• Easy Logistics or freight planning across different continents and time zones
The global projection system used in AND data is in decimal degrees (latitude and longitude) with WGS84 as datum, according to the ellipsoid model used for computations. Its spatial reference id is EPSG:4326.
The Unicode character-set used in the names, is in UTF-8.
With an API key you will be able to access the related API and if applicable your usage will be automatically tracked and billed. Just click on the “GET YOUR FREE API KEY” button above, to apply for a free trial. Your API key will be between 30 and 128 characters long.